On June 1, 2011, Bombardier reported its first full set of consolidated financial statements prepared under International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), starting with the first quarter of fiscal year 2011-12.
The reporting change did not affect the fundamentals of Bombardier. However, it did mean that some elements of the statement of financial position and results of operations were calculated using a different set of rules and thus, differ from those that were reported according to Canadian General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
The following financial results have therefore been restated under IFRS:
- Fourth quarter and year ended January 31, 2011
- Third quarter ended October 31, 2010
- Second quarter ended July 31, 2010
- First quarter ended April 30, 2010
- Opening statement of financial position as at February 1, 2010
For more information, please refer to the IFRS Information Session presentation.