Bombardier Aerospace announced today the appointment of Stephen Young to the position of Vice President, Sales, Aircraft Leasing Companies, Bombardier Commercial Aircraft, reporting to Rod Sheridan, Vice President, Customer Finance, Bombardier Commercial Aircraft.
Mr. Young’s promotion comes less than a year after his appointment to the position of Senior Director, Sales, Aircraft Leasing Companies for Bombardier Commercial Aircraft with the goal of expanding Bombardier’s reach within aircraft leasing channels.
“As the world’s economies gradually return to economic health, aircraft leasing companies are playing a vital role for operators and airlines looking for creative and flexible ways to build their fleets and meet their business plans,” said Chet Fuller, Senior Vice President, Commercial, Bombardier Commercial Aircraft. “Steve’s tremendous depth of experience with the leasing community and dedicated years as a Bombardier sales director in the North American market make him the ideal candidate to lead our initiatives within the rapidly developing network of worldwide leasing companies.”
“Looking forward, we are forecasting that the aircraft leasing community will represent approximately one third of our sales activities. Aircraft leasing companies offer financing, marketing and operational flexibility, particularly for low-cost, smaller and start-up airlines,” said Mr. Young. “We recognize their importance for opening new markets and introducing our Q400 NextGen aircraft, the CRJ NextGen family of aircraft and the all-new CSeries jetliner to operators around the world.”
Mr. Young joined Bombardier over 23 years ago and has progressed through a variety of positions in marketing, customer support and sales. As Director, Sales, the Americas, he was instrumental in selling and placing aircraft with some of the top airlines in Canada and the United States including US Airways, American Eagle Airlines, and Toronto-based, Porter Airlines.
Prior to joining Bombardier, Mr. Young worked as an Aerospace Engineer with two major aerospace firms. He holds a Bachelor of Technology in Mechanical Engineering from Ryerson University in Toronto and holds a commercial pilot’s license. Mr. Young is based in Toronto.
About Bombardier Commercial Aircraft
Bombardier Commercial Aircraft, a business unit of Bombardier Inc., is a world leader in the design and production of aircraft that seat up to 145 passengers. Its mission is to provide a complete range of commercial aircraft optimized for best-in-class efficiency with the highest level of customer service. The product portfolio is comprised of the Q400 NextGen airliner, the CRJ NextGen family of regional jets, and the CSeries jetliners, which are the world’s newest and most advanced single-aisle, mainline aircraft for the 100- to 149-seat market segment.
A world-leading manufacturer of innovative transportation solutions, from commercial aircraft and business jets to rail transportation equipment, systems and services, Bombardier Inc. is a global corporation headquartered in Canada. Its revenues for the fiscal year ended January 31, 2011, were $17.7 billion, and its shares are traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange (BBD). Bombardier is listed as an index component to the Dow Jones Sustainability World and North America indexes. News and information are available at www.bombardier.com or follow us on Twitter @Bombardier.
Notes to Editors
- Photo: Stephen Young, Vice President, Sales, Aircraft Leasing Companies, Bombardier Commercial Aircraft
- For images, video and product information on Bombardier’s Cseries, CRJ NextGen and Q400 NextGen aircraft, please visit: www.cseries.com, www.crjnextgen.com and www.q400nextgen.com
- Follow @Bombardier_Aero on Twitter to receive the latest news and updates from Bombardier Aerospace.
- Bombardier Commercial Aircraft has launched a “one-stop” news centre that makes news releases, videos, photos and social media easy and intuitive to access. The Bombardier Commercial Aircraft News Centre website (http://Press.CommercialAircraft.Bombardier.com) includes a feed to the latest tweets from @Bombardier_Aero, links to our YouTube channel and Flickr photostream, and up-to-date news releases, as well as product fact sheets, backgrounders and overviews of the Bombardier CSeries aircraft, the CRJ family of regional jets, and the Q400 turboprop. The news centre website is available in French at http://Presse.AvionsCommerciaux.Bombardier.com.
- To receive our press releases, please visit the Email Subscription and RSS Feed section.
Bombardier, CRJ, CSeries, NextGen and Q400 are trademarks of Bombardier Inc. or its subsidiaries.
+1 416 375 3030