- Airline also confirmed as previously unidentified launch customer for CRJ1000 NextGen aircraft
- Air Nostrum’s cumulative orders for Bombardier aircraft since 1998, now total 100, including 35 CRJ1000 NextGen aircraft
Bombardier Aerospace today confirmed that Air Nostrum of Valencia, Spain has now placed firm orders for a total of 35 CRJ1000 NextGen aircraft including:
- A new firm order for 15 CRJ1000 NextGen aircraft, being announced today. This firm order was previously announced by Bombardier on February 19, 2007 as a conditional order for 15 CRJ1000 aircraft by an unidentified customer. Delivery of these 15 aircraft will start in 2014 and continue through 2016;
- A firm order for 15 CRJ1000 NextGen aircraft, previously announced by Bombardier on February 19, 2007 as a firm order placed by an unidentified launch customer;
- A conversion of five remaining CRJ900 aircraft to CRJ1000 NextGen jets from a firm order for 16 CRJ900 aircraft placed by Air Nostrum in 2004. The other 11 ordered CRJ900 aircraft have been delivered to the airline.
Based on the list price for the CRJ1000 NextGen aircraft, the new firm order for 15 CRJ1000 NextGen aircraft announced today is valued at approximately $ 793 million US. The total value of Air Nostrum’s orders for 35 CRJ1000 NextGen aircraft is approximately $ 1.75 billion US.
“Air Nostrum is proud to be a launch customer for the CRJ1000 NextGen regional jet, which promises the same qualities as the CRJ200 and CRJ900 aircraft that we currently operate,” said Carlos Bertomeu, Chief Executive Officer, Air Nostrum. “Bombardier’s products have propelled us to our position as one of Europe’s largest and most prestigious regional airlines. We fully expect our new CRJ1000 NextGen airliners – and especially their outstanding economics - to help us continue to grow and prosper.”
“We are delighted by Air Nostrum’s selection of the CRJ1000 NextGen aircraft to meet their regional jet requirements for the future,” said Gary R. Scott, President, Bombardier Commercial Aircraft. “Air Nostrum has been a valued Bombardier customer since 1998, and has now placed orders for a total of 100 CRJ and Q-Series aircraft. Air Nostrum’s recognition as one of Europe’s most outstanding airlines, is a testament to its operational expertise, customer satisfaction, and to the performance and reliability of these Bombardier commercial aircraft.”
An independent airline, Air Nostrum operates as IBERIA regional. It flies to more than 120 domestic and international destinations with approximately 153,000 flights a year that carry about 5.2 million passengers.
As of today, Bombardier has recorded a total of 64 firm orders for the CRJ1000 NextGen aircraft.
About Bombardier Commercial Aircraft
Bombardier Commercial Aircraft is a world leader in the design and production of aircraft that seat up to 145 passengers. Its mission is to provide a complete range of commercial aircraft optimized for best-in-class efficiency with the highest level of customer service. The product portfolio is comprised of three commercial aircraft families: for short-haul operations, the 70- to 80- seatQ400 NextGen airliner is a fast, fuel-efficient and lower-emission large turboprop. For medium-haul applications, the CRJ NextGen family of aircraft is a benchmark for regional jet efficiency in the 60- to 100-seat segment. For longer routes, the 110- to 130-seat CSeries airliners are the world’s newest and most advanced single-aisle aircraft designed specifically for comfort and setting new standards in technology, fuel efficiency and reduced environmental impact.
A world-leading manufacturer of innovative transportation solutions, from commercial aircraft and business jets to rail transportation equipment, systems and services, Bombardier Inc. is a global corporation headquartered in Canada. Its revenues for the fiscal year ended Jan. 31, 2009, were $19.7 billion US, and its shares are traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange (BBD). Bombardier is listed as an index component to the Dow Jones Sustainability World and North America indexes. News and information are available at www.bombardier.com.
Bombardier, CRJ, CRJ200, CRJ900, CRJ1000, NextGen, andQ-Series are trademarks of Bombardier Inc. or its subsidiaries.
Notes to Editors
Please visit www.parisairshow.bombardier.com
(416) 375 3030