Bombardier Aerospace announced today the promotion of Raphael Haddad to the position of Vice President, Sales, Middle East and Africa, Bombardier Commercial Aircraft. With over 15 years at Bombardier, Mr. Haddad, who previously served as the Senior Director, Sales, for the Middle East and North Africa, will continue to report to Chet Fuller, Senior Vice President, Commercial, Bombardier Commercial Aircraft.
“The Middle East and Africa are key markets as Bombardier Commercial Aircraft positions its products and services in an expanding worldwide network,” said Mr. Fuller. “Raphael’s track record of success in strategic sales and marketing of Bombardier’s family of aircraft products, along with his strong relationships with the airlines in the region, make him an ideal choice to assume leadership of this expanded region.”
“Bombardier forecasts that while starting from a small base, the Middle East and Africa will capture nearly 1,000 deliveries in the 20- to 149-seat market segment over the next 20 years,” said Mr. Haddad. “Our portfolio of optimized Q400 NextGen, CRJ NextGen and all-new CSeries aircraft is well suited to meet the region’s requirements and I am honored to lead our Commercial Aircraft sales initiatives, while strengthening our customer relationships in the region.”
Mr. Haddad and his team were recently hailed for Atlasjet’s selection of the CSeries aircraft for operations in Turkey and the Middle East, and have been lauded for placing the CRJ1000 NextGen aircraft with BritAir (Air France) in Europe, as well as for leading many of Bombardier’s Q-Series turboprop, CRJ Series aircraft and the CSeries aircraft’s successful sales campaigns in Europe, the Middle East and North Africa region. He was appointed to the role of Senior Director, Sales, the Middle East and North Africa for Bombardier Commercial Aircraft in February 2011.
Prior to joining Bombardier, Mr. Haddad worked in engineering management with an international company. He holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Aerospace Engineering from the University of Kansas (USA) and a Masters degree in Economics from the University of Ottawa, Canada and is fluent in English, French and Arabic.
About Bombardier Commercial Aircraft
Bombardier Commercial Aircraft, a business unit of Bombardier Inc., is a world leader in the design and production of aircraft that seat up to 145 passengers. Its mission is to provide a complete range of commercial aircraft optimized for best-in-class efficiency with the highest level of customer service. The product portfolio is comprised of the Q400 NextGen airliner, the CRJ NextGen family of regional jets, and the CSeries jetliners, which are the world’s newest and most advanced single-aisle, mainline aircraft for the 100- to 149-seat market segment.
A world-leading manufacturer of innovative transportation solutions, from commercial aircraft and business jets to rail transportation equipment, systems and services, Bombardier Inc. is a global corporation headquartered in Canada. Its revenues for the fiscal year ended January 31, 2011, were $17.7 billion, and its shares are traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange (BBD). Bombardier is listed as an index component to the Dow Jones Sustainability World and North America indexes. News and information are available at www.bombardier.com or follow us on Twitter @Bombardier.
Notes to Editors
- Photo: Raphael Haddad, Vice President, Sales, Middle East and Africa, Bombardier Commercial Aircraft
- For images, video and product information on Bombardier’s Cseries, CRJ NextGen and Q400 NextGen aircraft, please visit: www.cseries.com, www.crjnextgen.com and www.q400nextgen.com
- Follow @Bombardier_Aero on Twitter to receive the latest news and updates from Bombardier Aerospace.
- Bombardier Commercial Aircraft has launched a “one-stop” news centre that makes news releases, videos, photos and social media easy and intuitive to access. The Bombardier Commercial Aircraft News Centre website (http://Press.CommercialAircraft.Bombardier.com) includes a feed to the latest tweets from @Bombardier_Aero, links to our YouTube channel and Flickr photostream, and up-to-date news releases, as well as product fact sheets, backgrounders and overviews of the Bombardier CSeries aircraft, the CRJ family of regional jets, and the Q400 turboprop. The news centre website is available in French at http://Presse.AvionsCommerciaux.Bombardier.com.
- To receive our press releases, please visit the Email Subscription and RSS Feed section.
Bombardier, CRJ, CRJ1000, CSeries, NextGen, Q400 and Q-Series are trademarks of Bombardier Inc. or its subsidiaries.
+1 416 375 3030